Steubenville Youth Conference
“See what love the Father has bestowed on us that we may be called the children of God. Yet so we are. The reason the world does not know us is that it did not know him.” -1 John 3:1
July 12-14, 2019 // Rochester, MN
Steubenville is a weekend youth conference which takes place across the country every summer – last summer, over 50,000 high schoolers participated in a Steubenville Conference! With lively and engaging talks, incredible music powerful moments in prayer and tons of other teenagers who are seeking the same thing as you, it is an incredible weekend that you don’t want to miss!
Registration is CLOSED
TRANSPORTATION & SCHEDULE
We will provide transportation to and from the Youth Conference via charter bus. Parents, please simply drop your students off at St. Mary’s on Friday and pick them up on Sunday.
The weekend will go as follows:
Friday, July 12
7:30am – Gather at St. Mary’s for Mass, Breakfast, etc.
9:30am – Load the bus and leave for Rochester
3:30pm – Check-in and begin conference weekend
Saturday, July 13
Attend conference at Mayo Civic Center all day.
Sunday, July 14
12pm – Conference ends, load bus
1pm – Lunch on the bus (bagged lunches to-go from the conference)
5:30pm – Stop for dinner
Between 7:00pm and 8:00pm – Arrive home (we will call from the bus when we know a more accurate time)
The following will be our meal schedule for the weekend:
- Friday Breakfast: We will provide a light breakfast after 8am Mass and before we load the bus.
- Friday Lunch: We will stop on the way to the conference for Lunch. Each participant needs to bring money for this meal.
- Friday Dinner through Sunday Lunch: The conference will provide these, including a bag lunch to go on Sunday.
- Sunday Dinner: We will stop on our way home for dinner; participants should bring money for this meal.
Registration will open Friday, March 8th at 9:00am!
To register, click here and register online with a $50 deposit to reserve your spot. You will then continue later with registration through the conference office, as well as any paper forms needed.
Teens who have come before, choose “returning” when you register. If you have not, choose “first time.” If you are a first timer, you will be able to let us know who recommended you and they will receive a coupon for a future event (see below)! Registration deadline is June 12th.
COST AND PAYMENT
The total cost for this event is $300. This includes:
- Conference Registration
- Dinner on Friday through lunch on Sunday
- All meals for you during the weekend
This year, we again have incentive for those of you who have been before! Are you ready to do some recruiting??
If you have been on Steubenville before and you invite someone who has never been…
That person will receive $50 off of their registration
You will receive a $25 voucher to be used on a future youth ministry event
Start recruiting your friends to save money for you and them!
If your teen needs to take prescription medications, please do the following:
- Put all their prescription meds in a ziploc bag.
- Select the link below to print and fill out a Prescription Medication Form, and place the filled out form in the bag.
- When your teen arrives for the Conference, they should turn in their meds to the youth minister or adult volunteer who is collecting them (the exception to this would be any epi-pens, inhalers, or any other thing that may be needed immediately in case of emergency).
- Your teen will need to come to the youth minister or adult volunteer to take these medications during the weekend. We will make announcements or reminders throughout the weekend about these medications.
- Comfortable, modest clothing*
- Sturdy, comfortable shoes for lots of walking
- Sweatshirt; the main venue sometimes gets cold
- Possibly bring money for the bookstore during the weekend, if you’d like, or for snacks, etc.
- A sleeping bag and pillow for the dorm rooms we’ll be sleeping in
- Toiletries (towels will be provided by the hotel),
a washcloth, and towels (optional) A swimsuit for the shower – they have curtains, but some students still prefer this Shower shoes and/or flip-flops
- An umbrella or other rain gear
- A backpack – to carry belongings throughout the day.
- (optional) Fan
- (optional) Sunblock
- (optional) A Bible, notebook and pen
- (optional) Spending money for bookstore
*Here are the modest clothing guidelines from the conference: Clothing must cover all undergarments and midriffs. Bikini tops, low cut tops, mini skirts, yoga pants, short shorts, and any inappropriate or profane attire are not to be worn at any time during the conference. Gentlemen are required to wear shirts at all times. Shoes are also to be worn at all times.
Director of Youth Ministry