Youth Summit 2019
WHO and WHAT
The Youth Summit is a one-day retreat with teens from across the diocese that is held each year. It’s for all students in Grades 8-12. This year, the theme of the youth summit is Genesis.
WHERE and WHEN
It is on Sunday, October 27th. The retreat itself is from 9am-4pm; we will gather at St. Mary’s at 7:15am to load the bus, leave by 7:45am in order to arrive at Rock Valley College (3301 N Mulford Rd, Rockford, IL 61114) in time to register and be there for this day! We will return to St. Mary’s around 5pm.
The day costs $30 – this is the registration fee, including lunch and t-shirt, and your bus cost. Click the link below to register online and then print out the permission slip to sign and turn in. Forms & money are due October 15th! *We do not want money to be the reason a teen cannot attend our events. If you are in need of financial assistance, please contact our office.
Please register and return all forms October 15th. Sign-up today by clicking “register” above!
We will transport everyone to Rock Valley College via School Bus. Parents, you will simply drop your students off at St. Mary’s on Sunday Morning and pick them up back at St. Mary’s later that night. The times are:
- Drop off at 7:15am Sunday morning and meet in the church foyer.
- Pick up at approximately 5:00pm on Sunday at St. Mary’s.
- Breakfast: The teens should eat breakfast before they come or bring something to eat on the bus.
- Lunch: Lunch is included in the registration fee; it is a box lunch at the event! Please let us know if your teen is gluten free, as gluten free options are not provided by the conference. We can provide an alternate lunch if necessary.
- Dinner: We will return by dinner time, so the students will not eat dinner on this trip.
As stated above, the cost for the day is $30; this is the registration fee (which includes t-shirt, lunch, and the conference) plus the cost of transportation. We do not want money to be the reason a teen cannot attend our events. If you are in need of financial assistance please contact our office. This can be paid directly online, or via cash or check to St. Mary’s and turned in to the Youth Ministry Office by October 15th. If you are paying with cash or check, please let us know so that we can give you a code to waive the on-line fee.
If you have questions about any of this, please don’t hesitate to contact us: