MIDDLE SCHOOL SPRING RETREAT
MARCH 9-11, 2018
How do we weather the storms in our lives? When the waves come, and the winds pick up, will we be able to withstand what comes our way? Through the Storm is a retreat designed specifically for middle school teens to help them understand the importance of having a firm foundation in Christ. They will learn that through a relationship with Jesus, in reading the Scriptures, and in acting upon the will of God they will build an immovable foundation for their lives. In doing so, when they face the storms that inevitably come, they will not be washed away but rather stand firm in their faith and the truth.
This is a retreat for middle school teens; anyone in grades 6-8 who wants to encounter Christ and grow in relationship with Him is welcome to attend.
Our first ever weekend Middle School Spring Retreat! A retreat experience where you can encounter the Lord, grow in community, and learn how to weather the storms of this life with the help of Christ and one another. Come away with us for a weekend of food, games, and prayer!
The retreat is at Bishop Lane Retreat Center in Rockford. We will provide transportation via bus. March 9-11, 2018. We will load the bus at 6:00pm on Friday and return by 2:15pm on Sunday
Cost is $120 which covers transportation, housing, meals, t-shirt, and more. Financial assistance is available, please just let us know if you are in need. Register below!
Click HERE to go to the event page for more information and to register
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
The registration consists of three main parts:
- Online Registration
- Paper Permission Form
- $120 payment
All of our registration will now be handled through a new online registration platform called Planning Center Online. Through here, parents, you will be able to manage registrations for your student (or multiple students!) as well as paying for events and seeing what forms you might still be missing. Head to the link above to learn more and to register.
If you are in need of a payment plan or scholarship, please let us know. Planning Center Online will require you to make a $20 deposit to save your spot, you can pay the rest via credit card later or in person via cash or check; you can also pay the entire amount up front.
TRANSPORTATION & MEALS
The retreat will be held at Bishop Lane Retreat Center (7708 E. McGregor Rd., Rockford, IL 61102). We will provide transportation to and from via bus:
- Drop off at St. Mary’s at 6:00pm on Friday, March 9th
- Pick up at St. Mary’s at 2:15pm on Sunday, March 11th
As a part of this retreat, we will eat the following meals:
- Dinner on Friday night
- All 3 meals on Saturday
- Breakfast and Lunch on Sunday
If the student has any allergies, please indicate those on the medical form so that we can inform the cafeteria.
If the student will need to take any prescription or non-prescription medication during the retreat, please do the following:
- Put all their prescription meds in a ziploc bag.
- Click the link below to fill out a Prescription Medication Form, and also place that in the bag.
- When your teen arrives at the retreat center, they should turn in their meds to the adult at the table in the back of the room.
- Your teen will need to come to the table in the back of the room to take their meds. We will make announcements/reminders throughout the retreat and have an adult present to coordinate this.
Click here for the medication release form.
- 2-liter beverage
- Guys: one salty chip-like snack // Girls: 2-dozen sweet-tooth snacks
- Casual and modest clothes
- Toiletries (toothpaste, soap, etc.)
- Sleeping bag or bedding (there are bunkbeds you will sleep on)
- Prescription meds (see above)
Director of Youth Ministry
Assistant Director of Youth Ministry
Youth Ministry Secretary
stmaryhuntley.org/youthministry | (847) 669-5612 | 10307 Dundee Rd. Huntley, IL 60142