Steubenville Youth Conference
July 20-22, 2018 // $250 // Kenosha, WI
Steubenville is a weekend youth conference which takes place across the country every summer – last summer, over 50,000 high schoolers participated in a Steubenville Conference! With lively and engaging talks, incredible music powerful moments in prayer and tons of other teenagers who are seeking the same thing as you, it is an incredible weekend that you don’t want to miss!
TRANSPORTATION & SCHEDULE
The weekend will go as follows:
Friday, July 20
11:30am – Gather at St. Mary’s for Lunch, Mass, etc.
2:00pm – Leave for Kenosha
3:30pm – Check-in and begin conference weekend
Saturday, July 21
Attend conference at Carthage College all day.
Sunday, July 22
12pm – Conference ends, load bus
1pm – Lunch in Kenosha (location TBD)
3pm – Load bus and ride back to St. Mary’s
4:30pm – Arrive at St. Mary’s and have final small group
5:30pm – Families are invited to join us for barbecue back at the Church (lawn games, food, testimonies, etc.)
The following will be our meal schedule for the weekend:
- Friday Lunch: Provided at St. Mary’s
- Friday Dinner through Sunday Breakfast: Part of the Conference
- Sunday Lunch: All together in Kenosha
- Sunday Dinner: Family barbecue back at St. Mary’s
Registration is closed.
Cost and Payment
The total cost for this event is $250. This includes:
- Conference Registration
- Barbecue for your family on Sunday evening
- All meals for you during the weekend
This year, we are introducing a new incentive for those of you who have been before! Are you ready to do some recruiting??
If you have been on Steubenville before and you invite someone who has never been…
That person will receive $50 off of their registration
You will receive a $25 voucher to be used on a future youth ministry event
Start recruiting your friends to save money for you and them!
If your teen needs to take prescription medications, please do the following:
- Put all their prescription meds in a ziploc bag.
- Select the link below to print and fill out a Prescription Medication Form, and place the filled out form in the bag.
- When your teen arrives for the Conference, they should turn in their meds to the youth minister or adult volunteer who is collecting them (the exception to this would be any epi-pens, inhalers, or any other thing that may be needed immediately in case of emergency).
- Your teen will need to come to the youth minister or adult volunteer to take these medications during the weekend. We will make announcements or reminders throughout the weekend about these medications.
- Comfortable, modest clothing*
- Sturdy, comfortable shoes for lots of walking
- Sweatshirt; the main venue sometimes gets cold
- Possibly bring money for the bookstore during the weekend, if you’d like, or for snacks, etc.
- A sleeping bag and pillow for the dorm rooms we’ll be sleeping in
- Toiletries, a washcloth, and towel
- (optional) A swimsuit for the shower – they have curtains, but some students still prefer this
- Shower shoes and/or flip-flops
- An umbrella or other rain gear
- A backpack – to carry belongings throughout the day.
- (optional) Fan
- (optional) Sunblock
- (optional) A Bible, notebook and pen
- (optional) Spending money for bookstore
*Here are the modest clothing guidelines from the conference: Clothing must cover all undergarments and midriffs. Bikini tops, low cut tops, mini skirts, yoga pants, short shorts, and any inappropriate or profane attire are not to be worn at any time during the conference. Gentlemen are required to wear shirts at all times. Shoes are also to be worn at all times.
On Thursday, June 28th, we will have a meeting from 6:30-8:00pm for all students attending, adult chaperones, and at least one parent for each student. This will allow us to be sure we have all final paperwork as well as allow the teens to meet their small group leaders; please let us know if you cannot attend for any reason. Pizza will be provided!
On Tuesday, August 7, we will have a reunion from 6:30-8:00pm! Come back after Steubenville for some time to pray and talk about life since coming back home…put it on your calendar now!
Director of Youth Ministry