This is a retreat for high school teens; anyone in grades 9-12 who wants to encounter Christ and grow in relationship with Him is welcome to attend.
A retreat experience where you can encounter the Lord, grow in community, and learn how Christ is pursuing you. Come away with us for a weekend of food, games, and prayer!
The retreat is at Bishop Lane Retreat Center in Rockford. We will provide transportation via bus. February 1-3, 2019. We will load the bus at 4:30pm on Friday and return by 2:30pm on Sunday – plenty of time to watch the Super Bowl!
Cost is $100 which covers transportation, housing, meals, t-shirt, and more. Financial assistance is available, please just let us know if you are in need. Register below!
Jesus said to them, “Come, have breakfast.”
REGISTER ONLINE NOW!
Click below to head to our online registration platform and register your teen. On the page you’ll find some more basic information, and then be able to register your student and pay right through this new system (you will be required to make at least a $20 deposit, or you can pay the whole cost). Registration is due January 24, 2019.
Click above and follow the instructions to register!
Since a large part of this retreat is to disconnect from the world and all of our distractions in order to encounter the Lord in a new way, we will ask all of the teens to disconnect from their cell phones for the weekend. In order to facilitate this, we will collect cell phones right at the beginning of the retreat and give them back at the end of the retreat.
Parents, as the retreat gets closer, we will give you the cell phone contact information for the adults as well as the numbers for the retreat center in case you need to get a hold of us at any points.
REGISTRATION & PAYMENT
The registration consists of three main parts:
- Online Registration
- Paper Permission Form
- $100 payment
All of our registration will now be handled through our online registration platform called Planning Center Online. Through here, parents, you will be able to manage registrations for your student (or multiple students!) as well as paying for events and seeing what forms you might still be missing. Head to the link above to learn more and to register.
If you are in need of a payment plan or scholarship, please let us know. Planning Center Online will require you to make a $20 deposit to save your spot, you can pay the rest via credit card later or in person via cash or check; you can also pay the entire amount up front.
TRANSPORTATION & MEALS
The retreat will be held at Bishop Lane Retreat Center (7708 E. McGregor Rd., Rockford, IL 61102). We will provide transportation to and from via bus:
- Drop off at St. Mary’s at 4:30pm on Friday, February 1st
- Pick up at St. Mary’s at 2:30pm on Sunday, February 3rd
As a part of this retreat, we will eat the following meals:
- Dinner on Friday night
- All 3 meals on Saturday
- Breakfast and Lunch on Sunday
If the student has any allergies, please indicate those on the medical form so that we can inform the cafeteria.
If the student will need to take any prescription or non-prescription medication during the retreat, please do the following:
- Put all their prescription meds in a ziploc bag.
- Click the link below to fill out a Prescription Medication Form, and also place that in the bag.
- When your teen arrives at the retreat center, they should turn in their meds to the adult at the table in the back of the room.
- Your teen will need to come to the table in the back of the room to take their meds. We will make announcements/reminders throughout the retreat and have an adult present to coordinate this.
- 2-liter beverage
- Guys: one salty chip-like snack // Girls: 2-dozen sweet-tooth snacks
- Casual and modest clothes
- Toiletries (toothpaste, soap, etc.)
- Sleeping bag or bedding (there are bunkbeds you will sleep on)
- Prescription meds (see above)
- No cell phones, technology, etc. (see above)
Director of Youth Ministry
Assistant Director of Youth Ministry
Youth Ministry Secretary